Eric Toyer (find me on Linked In) – Qualifications and experience:
- 12 years in the Royal Australian Navy as a chief petty officer, Navy Diver and Shipwright
- Naval Architect & Marine Surveyor
- Master 4 in National Maritime Operations, Master of Harbour and River Steamers, Marine Engine Driver II
- Designed, built and operated 3 Prawn Trawlers spanning a 25 year period with experience in Australia, Middle East and East Africa.
- Instrumental in introducing HACCP standards into the Tanzania Prawn fishery, working closely with the Government and European Union officials.
- Yacht Charters & Marine Consultancy – recreational & scientific research charters onboard SV Amarula, alongside a variety of marine consultancy projects including strategic development initiatives for the east African transport corridors from the coast to land-locked countries with specific reference to cargo & passenger services.
- Eric’s greatest passion is the ocean and the natural beauty it presents. He has always had an interest in sailing and has been sailing regularly since he & Lynne bought their first catamaran together in 1994.
- Although we left Tanzania in October 2009 we are still offering Independent Marine Consultancy services.
- Eric’s latest project is the development of a Killer Hand Gaff, which works in conjunction with a traditional long handled fishing gaff to improve the recovery rate of fish during the boarding process.
- For further information please Contact us
Lynne Dorning Sands (find me on Linked In) – Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Education Degree in Primary Education and RSA Certificate TEFL with teaching experience in UK, Japan, Indonesia, USA and East Africa
- Professional Counsellor and Master Practitioner Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Coxswain Certificate of Competency (National Maritime Operations Certificate II)
- Administrations Director for the Fishing Company in Tanzania
- Chief administrator and project manager on the catamaran-building project in Australia
- Lynne’s greatest passions are travel and human development.
- She has travelled extensively in Europe, Asia, sub-Sahara Africa and USA.
- More recently Lynne is excited to be a part of the new movement that is changing the lives of women worldwide Women United for Change
In February 2014, we discovered an incredible 100% natural FDA Class 1 Listed Medical Device for pain relief, which has dramatically improved mobility in Eric’s shoulder after an injury sustained whilst sailing from South Africa to Namibia in December 2011. As a consequence we have affiliated with this company, which provides natural products, from the ocean, for pain management, complete nutrition and beauty.
If you would like to know more please Contact us!